The attached gets into the meat of what they have done buy way of derivative conversion through automated process.
BRS electronic bovine animal registration exchange 4
The objectives of this document is
• Harmonization of the definitions of the technical data in order :
– to speak the same language
– to be able to exchange information between heterogeneous Information Systems
• Development of consensual data dictionaries which could to be used as a basis for all use in lifestock farming
• Installation of a standardized animal registration data message to facilitate the transmission of information between cattle registration offices in case of international life animal movements
• Development and installation of an electronic animal passport.
The purpose of this document is to define the animal registration data exchange processes for all animal registration offices, and the development and installation of an electronic animal passport, using the UN/CEFACT Modeling Methodology (UMM) approach and Unified Modeling Language to describe and detail the business processes and transactions involved.
The structure of this document is based on the structure of the UN/CEFACT Business Requirements Specification (BRS) document reference CEFACT/ICG/005.